Home Quarantine Day 1-3

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Day 1

So apparently I've come into contact with one of the COVID PCR positive patient while I was working in trauma clinic in Emergency Department.


This comes as a surprise as the patient was not complaining of any respiratory symptoms, but just trauma related complaints. 

I've seen the case with one of my colleague.

On the day when the result is out, I was shocked when my colleague is the first person to notify me.

Subseuently, 2 of my emergency physician contacted me.

I was working in yellow zones that day, having seen total of 6 patients from 3.00-5.00pm, and able to discharged 4 of them.

Yellow zone was busy as usual, but I'm glad we have great souls like Dr Shankar and Dr Iman to tank the zones.

I was asked to immediately go back home.

I clocked out at 5.30pm.

Sat in my car.

No idea what to do.

Later I received a call from occupational health and safety unit. Briefed me about what to do, the need for isolation.

I was so frustrated, angry and sad at the same time.

This means that I am not able to work, my service is abruptly stopped, albeit temporary.

I reached home late at 8.30pm, breaking the news to my mom, who just recovered from the trauma of my dad being hospitalized for secondary dengue infection.


Day 2 

I woke up feeling aimless. 

Although I've longed for a holiday before I'm being sent out to other hospitals, but I've never expected it to be in this way.



Most of my friends were able to see the part of me being granted free MCs..

But the psychological stress is real. This is same like the needle stick injury I got during my first posting as a houseman. You know the result is likely 99% negative but the 1% scares the shit out of you.

I tried to minimize contact with my mom, and advised her not to go out too.

I concentrated on my studies, watching one movie to divert my mind, only to step back to reality after the credits rolled.

Later that night I was again informed to take a COVID swab coming morning.


Day 3

I reached at 7.30am to the COVID container. This is a full container where healthcare workers are able to take swab for patients requiring pre-op assessment and for PUI (persons under investigations).


Usually I am the one who is taking the swab for others.

But today, the feeling is different. I was taken swab by Dr Hariz (my senior MO). 

The feeling of me not being able to serve, but for others to serve me, is devastating, especially when I'm asymptomatic!

I'm also required to fill in a google doc to assess my daily symptoms and temperature.


At noon, I was again received call from psychological unit, to assess my mental wellbeing.

All this has come too sudden.

I still need time to process.

Hopefully during quarantine, I am still able to utilize this time to benefit myself and to serve more in the future.

0 comments:

Fantasy Playlist